Welcome, The Pagan Veil is a social network bringing together all paths, beliefs and levels of knowledge in a supportive community.

Support the Veil

Please help support the Veil by donating.  Select your amount then click the Support Button.

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Blog Posts

The Crazy Witch

Posted by lilli moon on August 25, 2014 at 1:30am 2 Comments

a little more about me....

Posted by lilli moon on August 24, 2014 at 2:14pm 0 Comments


Posted by Anna leigh plume on June 23, 2014 at 12:50pm 0 Comments

poem- bloodlusted being

Posted by Anna leigh plume on June 21, 2014 at 2:44am 0 Comments




The Celtic Tree

The Celtic Tree is a discussion and information forum with emphasis on the Celtic and Druidic information

Location: Australia
Members: 73
Latest Activity: yesterday

Comment Wall


You need to be a member of The Celtic Tree to add comments!

Comment by PaganLady on April 13, 2014 at 4:55pm

I've only been learning about Celtic paganism for about 18 months now having been invited to join a Druid Order to which several of my moot friends had already studied with.  I spend a lot of time in Southern Ireland, in Cornwall, and in Wales, so it appeals to me to make these connections to the lands and it's people.  I'm on my second Druid Network course now and loving everything I'm learning.

Comment by Shannon Diane on August 21, 2013 at 1:31am
Last night the tree was alive somewhere its been a great year for the tree as well many people have taken to the woods and worshiped small and big alike thank you for making post on the Tree of Life. Small side note the 4 Worlds Tarot is hard but I believe it to be kin with this symbol.
Comment by MoonShadow on November 9, 2012 at 8:23am
Hello everyone. My name is ShadowMoon I'm 23 married and I have three little girls. I find myself drawn to Celtic paganism and my husban is a Druid. Can't wait to have dicussions with my fellow pagans! Merry meet and blessed be )o(
Comment by Nikki Rippey on January 4, 2012 at 9:48am
Hello everyone
I am new and looking forward to making some great friends and learning more about the Celtic Goddess and God.
Comment by Megan Ingram on May 28, 2011 at 2:20am
Greetings , am here to learn as much as possible am totally interested in celtic paganism. Blessed Be Megan Angel Rock
Comment by Joshua on November 10, 2010 at 3:31pm
Their is one thing i learnt from other religions and cultures, letting thing unfold and that there are signs and signal(omens) that can open one up to pathways or worlds, i think intuitively one can come to druidry, paganism or whatever through learning about these things. and sometimes books can be usefull depending on how conditioned the persons mind is, how much karma they have created for them-selves and how strong their society is in a multicultural sense.
Comment by Joshua on November 10, 2010 at 3:20pm
i think druidry is a something that can be experimented with, but better experimented with intuitively, i know that some Neo-Pagans believe that many other indiginous cultures around the world are pagan also, i am doing OBOD Bardic Gwesu, and Philip recommends in it to, be intuitive with what one wants to experiment with, and not to take it seriosly. i think it has shamanic roots and we can learn alot from other shamanic cultures. although some of these group seem like they are doing things recognition.
Comment by Dolmanstone on January 23, 2010 at 11:55pm
Hello to all agus Failte go leir,
I am sorry I have not been in conatc for a while but things will improve from now on.
Thank you for all those that joined the list and i hope to chat to you as individuals or a s a group.
Life as we know sends us down weird and wonderful paths. And once again I head off to Ireland this August to visit my family and see some more sites.
However before that i will be in New Zealand for my birthday on the 13th. I plan to do some touring but first I will Attend the New Zealand Pagan Festival at Morrisville see the link http://www.naturesmagick.co.nz/festival/festival_index.asp
I will fiole a report on the festival on my return.
Also watch out for a book list and other stuff.
Regards and Slan
Comment by Dolmanstone on December 22, 2008 at 5:07pm
400 people gathered at the 5,000-year-old passage tomb of Newgrange in the Bend of the Boyne, Co. Meath, for the annual Winter Solstice sunrise phenomenon. Tens of thousands more logged onto a special OPW website to see the event broadcast live across the web. But there was just one problem, a typically Irish one - cloud! It was cloudy from horizon to horizon, marring the spectacle for all those who had waited for the special day to arrive.

But seven miles downstream from Newgrange, at the mouth of the Boyne, 20 people gathered at the ancient standing stones at Baltray and were lucky enough to catch a beautiful sunrise. The sky was 98% covered with cloud, but by a lucky chance, the 2% patch of clear sky lay precisely in the direction of the sunrise towards the southeast.

At 8.38am, the sun peeped up from the Irish Sea and lit up the grey sky, turning the murky cloud into a belly of firelit orange as the Winter Solstice dawn broke spectacularly at the mouth of Ireland's foremost ancient valley. We who gathered there, including writers, poets, artists, photographers and archaeologists, enjoyed a spectacle which warmed our souls. We were witnessing an event which had been marked out up to 5,000 years ago by ancient farmers who were well practiced in astronomical study. The Baltray standing stones constitute a simplistic expression of cosmic ideals displayed with such grandeur at the gigantic Newgrange. But despite their apparent insignificance, the Baltray standing stones are very important. They are the first ancient site in the Boyne Valley, overlooking the Irish Sea and the Boyne Estuary. And they have a Winter Solstice sunrise alignment, just like Newgrange.

Just before the sun made its appearance, Anthony Murphy, author of "Island of the Setting Sun - In Search of Ireland's Ancient Astronomers", gave a brief talk about the astronomical and mythological significance of the standing stones. He was followed by archaeologist Conor Brady of Dundalk Institute of Technology who gave a brief overview of the archaeological significance of Baltray and the Boyne Valley. Then land owner and poet Ann Hartigan read one of her poems about the standing stones. The event was co-ordinated by Aude Laffon, National Monuments Advisor at Louth County Council.

Afterwards, most of the party adjourned to the Brú na Bóinne visitor centre for breakfast, where they met many of those who had missed the event at Newgrange due to cloud and made them jealous with tales of a beautiful morning down at Baltray.

Photos of the event are available here:


Kind regards,
Anthony Murphy

Comment by Dolmanstone on December 21, 2008 at 7:44am
This is a must see folks log on
www.astronomy2009. ie .

Members (73)


© 2014   Created by Bekah Evie Bel Carman.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service